I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wild flowers and morrels






Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Yum, I can almost taste the morels.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger CG said...

gosh, they are very phallic, aren't they?

When I went fishing the other day, I kept my eyes open but didn't see any. Obviously don't have the right "set" to my eyes yet.

Do you know oyster mushrooms I believe they are called -- grow in shelves I think.

And how about golden seal?

And could you come over and help me identify some of that close to me????

And what the heck is happening to that scumbag Carl McAfee who got arrested in Russell Co. for drunk driving a couple weeks ago? I hate it when I can't follow those stories. And evidently he is defending some of the people his son is prosecuting?

love, cg

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

I've got an uncle,(the same one who taught me to hunt ginseng and morrels) who raises oyster and shiitake mushrooms on logs. There are so many types of oyster mushrooms (white, yellow, gray, brown) that I'm not really sure enough about them to eat them. I'm not sure about golden seal either. I could come over but couldn't guarantee anything but a good hike through the woods.

I haven't heard anything about Carl Scumbag but I'll ask around, some of the deputies might know something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <