I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Monday, April 09, 2007

Another Road Trip


I'll be leaving tomorrow for another road trip to Charlottesville. Have to go to a 3 day conference on having our police department getting accreditation from the state. One of the main things (besides all of the extra paperwork) that this will do for our department is make it more accountable for everything we do.

I hope to get to see Eric and Heather since they will be only 15 minutes away from our motel.

Here's an odd thought that someone mentioned to me the other day...When someone asks for directions, do you give it to them in miles or the time it takes to get there? As in how far is Bristol from here? Answer...about an hour or about 50 miles.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger CG said...

TIME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <