I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Monday, August 29, 2005

Road Trip AKA Are We There Yet?

I had to take Sadie to get her rabies shot today at the local Vet. She doesn't get to ride very often in the truck, so it's always an exciting adventure both for her and myself. Since she likes to play "THE GAME" when I need to catch her I started about 15 minutes before I think I need to leave. When she gives me that look as in the picture it means she's ready to play. The rules of the game are simple, she runs and I try to catch her. Often she will stop and wait for me to get almost to her and then run off again. Eventually she will let me catch her but I have to give her a belly rub or it starts all over again. Usually it's a fight to get her in the truck. Today getting her in the truck was fairly easy. I picked her up, shoved her in head first, and slammed the door. As I got in on the driver's side she gave me that look that said "I was going to get in, you just didn't give me time." Once we got started Sadie tried to look at everything at once. It wasn't too bad until she decided to look out the driver's window. I don't recommend trying to drive with a large dog in your lap. I don't even think about taking her into the Vet's office, they come out to the truck and give her the shot. This time there wasn't any problems. On the way back home I stopped at the court house to get her dog tag. I had no sooner got out than she started barking. This set off the drug dog that was in the K9 unit parked by the jail. You can bet I didn't waste any time in the court house. When we got back home Sadie asked if we were going to do it again tomorrow and it was my turn to give her that look.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <