I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Friday, May 26, 2006

FYI



Eleutherous once said in a comment on someone's blog (I can't remember who right now) that if something is worth doing it's worth doing for free.

Just for everyone's information...I am an "Auxiliary" Police Officer, that means I am a VOLUNTEER. I am not hired out as a junkyard dog and I don't get paid to brawl with drunks and druggies. I am not issued any equipment except for my badge and ONE uniform. Everything else comes out of my pocket. The only time I have been paid was by the SCHOOL for working a wrestling match and 4 ballgames. I do the police work because I enjoy it. I get a good rush out of taking a drunk off the road and putting them in jail.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <