I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Scenes from Guest River Rally 2006








Dog Show

Almost adopted this black Lab pup but girl beat me to it by about 10 seconds.



Bike Patrol
Contrary Goddess and friend checking out Eleutheros' instruments



Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

Now, is that t-shirt what you'd call "hussy-red"? ;-)

Lovely instruments. I got to try a harp similar to that a few weeks ago. It made a cell-quivering resonance through the body.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

It certainly fits both ways, doesn't it?

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger CG said...

I knew you'd comment MCM, but hussy? It is close I guess, but I always think of that as my "mother aspect" t-shirt. Husband says it is "intimidating red".

And Harold, are you calling me a hussy? Damn good looking hussy is all I can say (thanks for picking the better photographs!)

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was recalling your 100-things post, and the reference to the "hussy-red toenails"! But the photos are very flattering, even if I can't see your toes.

Btw, CG, since my "conversion" to Beta, I can't comment on your blog anymore. I wish they'd made that information more obvious before the switching process than after. Anyway, I'm still reading. Hopefully Blogger will get itself straightened around soon.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger CG said...

I knew what you were referencing. Funny how it sounds different without the voice! LOL! And the shirt did just about match my toenails, but they were safely ensconced in boots that day (the possible chill of rain made me put my sandles away).

And I've been wondering what the heck that beta things was -- can you tell me?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly. I'm kind of sorry I did it, because of the nuisance between "new" and "old" blogs. It's faster at publishing, though, and they have different options that you can use for classifying your posts. And it's supposed to be a lot easier to alter your template, but that requires that you reformat your blog once again, and I'm not ready to do that.

From what I gather, eventually all the blogs with Blogger will be switched over, once they've eliminated the compatibility issues. Or something like that. I've got too many other things on my mind presently to devote much thought and research to it.

I was horribly sleep-deprived earlier this week, and for whatever reason it seemed to be a good idea when people were having problems with comments. You'd think I'd learn not to do anything when I'm in that state, but apparently it's one of those lessons I'm going to need several incarnations to pick up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <