I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Raccoons in the Corn

I've always wanted a coonskin cap. Think I'll get me one...or two.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Madcap said...

Well now, Mr. Stallard, I think a coon-skin cap would be a true fashion statement. Is a dead coon in the garden a deterrent to other coons like a dead crow is to other crows?

I better not let my boyo see this one or he'll be lobbying for an immediate move down south. He likes shooting at gophers (hasn't hit one yet), but there's nothing terribly appealing about gopher hide. But a coon-skin cap....

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

my worst problems are small children with footballs, even if you offer them a fresh vegetable they wouldn't eat it, they just like to destroy.
it's okay to shoot the racoons though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <