I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Thought I Just Took Care of This AKA Deja-Vou



Those of you who have been reading this Blog for a while probably remember...

"Little Dog Lost"

Well one year and 3 days later here we go again. The nice lady holding the wayward hounds is a deputy with the Wise Co. Sheriff's Office. As I came by she was trying to get the dogs to come to her but traffic was heavy and the dogs were dodging
in and out of it. I stopped and was able to grab both of them. We called the owner who showed up with a young child not in a child restraint.
As I was leaving the Deputy was preparing to return the lost dogs and issue a summons to the driver for not having the little girl in a child restraint.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

Just found out from the nice lady Deputy that the driver was suspended, had no insurance, or county sticker. So he ended up with 4 instead of 1 summons. When they called another driver (he wasn't allowed to even move his truck out of the road) to drive the truck home he was suspended too so a third party had to come to help out. At least the poor wayward hounds had a happy ending.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst, Harold your tagged!!!! 5 things we don't know about you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <