I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Friday, October 26, 2007

DANG IT MAN...THAT HURTS !!!


I had started down the ridge to my hunting stand just at daylight this morning when I felt an intense burning sensation on my stomach. At the same time, I felt 4 or 5 impacts on my face mask. I realized that I had stepped on or very near a hornet's nest. Abandoning any attempts to continue to slip to my stand, I took off like the deer I had seen crossing the road this morning. At least one persistent defender followed me the whole 20 yards to my stand so I had to go on past to lose it. I must be getting wimpy because 8 hours later it's still swollen and still hurts in spite of several applications of Benadryl Cream.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <