I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Third Time Again

Once again for the third year in a row I ran into lost hound dogs while hunting. The first was back in November of 2005 when I ran into this handsome fellow.


For that story go to Little Dog Lost.

The second was again in November of 2006 when I helped a deputy catch these two wayward hounds.



For that story go to I Thought I Just Took Care of This.

And Now the Rest of the Story...

Yesterday I didn't get into the woods until around noon. On my way in I saw two hounds with collars and radio transmitters who were obviously lost. (Sorry no pictures this time) I didn't stop but decided that if they were still there on my way back out I would. Well they were and I did. I didn't have any cell service so I copied the number on their tags and called when I got home. I got an answering machine so I left a message as to where I had seen the lost dogs. To date, I still haven't gotten anyone to answer so I don't know the fate of the lost doggies.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <