I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Things That Really Piss Me Off

  1. Commercials where the announcer talks so fast you think you are listening to the “Chipmunks”.
  2. Commercials that talk down to you as if you have the IQ of a chipmunk.
  3. Drive-bys with the stereo so loud you can FEEL it coming half a mile away.
  4. Trying to get information from someone who keeps repeating themselves like a broken record.
  5. People who insist that everyone should believe the way they do.
  6. People who won’t take the responsibility for their actions.
  7. Especially people who say I’m the reason they are going to lose their driver’s license because I arrested them for driving under the influence.
  8. People who ask why I’m treating them like a criminal when I arrest them for committing a crime.
  9. Teachers who are so hung up on the “Power Thing” that they have to be totally in control of their students and the students’ time both at school and at home.
  10. People whose trash ends up in my yard because they threw it out as they were driving by my house.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <