I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Friday, June 30, 2006

Katuah Earth First: Round River Roundevouz JULY 3-10, 2006



This might be a fairly interesting week here in Coeburn. A group called Katuah Earth First is holding a rally this week. They are camping out next to "Falls of the Little Stony"
just over in the next county about 7 miles from here. They are expecting between 200 to 400 people to show up. According to the State Police they are classified as Environmental Terriorists. (scroll down to the list of groups) Their own web site suggests this when they say they believe in using ALL of the tools in the tool box from from grassroots and legal organizing to civil disobedience and monkeywrenching. While I am in basic agreement with their goals I do not agree with their methods.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <