I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Little Stoney Falls



Looking down from the top of the falls.




Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger CG said...

Ah, that's nice. 20 years ago, when I lived in a apartment in town, I would take off occassionally, usually on a Sunday morning, and drive over through Dunganon, stop and get a soda and leave it hidden in the creek, and hike from Hanging Rock up to the falls, by myself, and back, then drink my soda. Then usually go visit my mom. It's been years since I went now. And I've never done that new Guest River trail. . . .

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

The Guest River Trail is much easier and shorter but has some really good scenery and even a couple of small waterfalls where creeks come into the river. It's well worth the time and effort if you get a chance.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the Guess River Trail takes you out at the swinging bridge in Dungannon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <