I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bark Camp Lake
















Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

these are great pictures of the lake. do you get out on the water in a boat at all?
its funny your 'enviromental ' visitors left an undamaged site but what a shame they left their rubbish.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

No, no boat...I just like to sit on the bank and nap while I feed the trout.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger CG said...

that is beautiful and makes me homesick to come and see it. What is the one in Pound called? Cherry or something? That used to be my favored swimming hole.

Claire, our "lakes" around here are not natural and not usually large. The TVA lakes, over here where I live now, are larger but still nothing compared to what some are accustomed to in the US. The ones in those mountains are almost all drinking water reserviors, and each town seems to have one. Probably why the town became a town.

I'd be eatin' me some trout though Harold! Gosh, but that is beautiful and you did a great job capturing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <