I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Update on Burglary


Went to court this morning on the burglary at the funeral home. Our miscreant shuffled into the old jail wearing a bright orange jump suit, leg irons, belly chain and handcuffs. He's been incarcerated in the regional jail since the night we interrupted his activities at the funeral home. However my partner's wife was having labor pains, so he had to rush her to the hospital. Turns out that it was false labor pains. So our midnight prowler gets to spend another month in jail waiting for his day in court (no bond). The title of this post will take you to a local newspaper account of that night. It does contain a couple of errors however. It was a .30-30 round he had in the rifle not a .30-06 and he did make it outside before running back in to hide.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question for you Harold. I got this very strange phone call at work the other day from a woman who said she was a police officer. They had caught a bugler and she wanted me to give her the home owners phone number so they could contact him. Were not allowed to give anyone who is not on the mortgage any information. She then went on to say that they were going to have to let the guy go because I wouldn't give her information to get in touch with the home owner. Is it common for police officers to call mortgage companies to get a home owners contact information?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Madcap said...

I have a friend who used to work in collections, and that's exactly the sort of thing they used to do in order to track people down.

(I know it's a typo, but I got a good giggle over catching a "bugler". Damn brass section!)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

It sounds like some kind of scam to me. There's NO WAY they would have to let him go because you wouldn't give them the info. They don't need that to charge him. Besides there are too many other ways they could have gotten the owner's name and number. If she gave you her agency or department she way representing call them and file a complaint. If she really did work for them she wasn't following procedure and if she wasn't I'm sure they would like to know about her. I NEVER give out ANY infromation to anyone who contacts me first.

As for the bugler, I spelled it so bad on the first post that the spell check couldn't even give me a sugestion on how to spell it.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha, bugler. You know what sad. I spell checked the post and it didn't even show up, lol.
i suspect the lady was from the mans Home Owners association. They were probably trying to track him down to fine him for something. When I wouldn't give her the info she started on about how she was going to bring this matter up at the next HO Association meeting and let everyone that lived there know that we wouldn't help them out.

People who work for HOA's are so "evil".

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Hi Harold
I found you while reading comments at dragonfly183. It is nice to meet someone else from Virginia. I like your blog and I will be back to read more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <