I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Monday, October 10, 2005

Returning To the Scene


Pictured above is the scene from “The Three Bears Caper”. After The Contrary Goddess told me “And you know, there are no coincidences. Your chance has been presented to you to grow as a human being”. I decided to swallow my pride, stuff my fear in a back pocket (along with a can of pepper spray), and finish my walk. So I did. Fortunately for those three, they didn’t dare show their faces.

The second hardest thing I ever did was go rappelling off of a 65 foot tall beltline in an abandoned quarry. It took every bit of courage I had hanging over the side to fully commit my weight to that rope. The hardest was to finish that walk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <