I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Friday, October 21, 2005

I Ain't Giving Up This Piece Without A Fight!!


Last week we pulled up an old carpet in the back bedroom and after painting the walls and ceiling I installed a hardwood floor. When I asked Kathy what she thought of it, she said that if I were a contractor she'd make me do a couple of places over. We had dumped the old carpet out of the window into the yard where Sadie immediately took up with a piece of it. For 3 days now she has laid on it in the yard. Yesterday I put her piece under the floor where she sleeps. Today I pulled the truck into the yard and started loading the old carpet in it to haul to the dump. When Sadie saw what I was doing she ran under the floor and laid down on her piece. When I went to check on her she gave me that look that said in no uncertain terms that I wasn't going to get her piece without a fight.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Madcap said...

I think she's got a gun stashed under her carpet. Watch your step!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

She's just too cute to fight with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <