I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Marko Kloos "Why the Gun is Civilization"

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cop Jokes


An overweight cop was in foot pursuit of a robbery suspect. The suspect being young and in good physical shape soon outdistanced the cop. To taunt the cop, he would slow down and wait for the cop to catch up and then take off again. After doing this several times the young suspect turned around to run and ran straight into a hanging flower pot knocking himself out cold. When he came to, the cop was sitting on his chest yelling, "Don't move, you're under arrest"! "Like Hell I am" said the suspect "I'm not under arrest, I'm under a fat cop"!



I'm collecting cop jokes. If you know any good ones, either post them here under the comments or send them to hstallard@yahoo.com and I'll post them for you. Anything goes just keep them reasonably decent.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Madcap said...

I don't know any, but boy, I'm looking forward to this! That was a good one!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

There's another one in my Dec. 04 archive called The DD AKA I'm not drunk Officer, I've only had a couple of 6 packs!!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Good post! And being a Canuck, I especially like that last joke! ;-)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

collecting cop stories has to be a full time job. hey, i read your profile. i went to school in virginia. big stone gap, Va.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger H. Stallard said...

Joe, you never cease to amaze me!!!

What years did you go to BSG?

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger arcolaura said...

I can't think of any jokes right now, but I highly recommend "The Mountie Song" by the Arrogant Worms.

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A policeman sees a car weaving all over the road and hits his flashing lights.He walks up to the driver's window and sees a good looking woman behind the wheel. There is a strong smell liquor on her breath.He says,I'm going to give you a breathalyzer test to determine if you are under the influence of alcohol.She blows up the balloon and he walks it back to his patrol unit.After a couple of minutes,he returns to her car and says,It looks like you've had a couple of stiff ones.She replies,You mean it shows that,too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader <